Are you planning a professional career in Turkey, as an international, migrant or refugee?
You want to be an entrepreneur in Turkey, but you’re not sure if it’s the right thing for you?
You have a business idea but don’t know how to get started?
You are a graduate but are currently unemployed or employed below your skills?
Open to highly skilled migrants, refugees or any internationals in Ankara, the Migrapreneurs Enterprise Programme offers you the opportunity to:
– Find out if entrepreneurship is the right path for you,
– Connect with like-minded people across the region and in Europe,
– Develop competences in business planning, leadership and change management,
– Access online platforms for complementary resources,
– Gain an objective evaluation and analysis of your business idea from a team of proven entrepreneurs and experts,
– Receive practical guidance on how to effectively set up or grow your business.
Funded by the European Commission and led by the University of Sheffield Management School, the programme includes two distinct parts:
– Over the first 4 sessions, you will find out if entrepreneurship is the right path for you and build the skills you need to make it happen.
– For those who are ready to take the next step, or if you have a business idea and want help to develop your business plan further, a further 8 sessions will take you through key steps and help you put in place clear actions to progress.
Stage 1 – ‘Finding out if entrepreneurship is the right thing for me’
- Unit 1: Is Entrepreneurship for me?
- Unit 2: Idea Generation and Creativity
- Unit 3: Mapping my Journey to a New Country
- Unit 4: Networking
- Unit 5: Becoming Intrapreneurial (optional unit)
Stage 2 – ‘Planning my business’
- Unit 1: Diagnosis and Business Fit Audit
- Unit 2: Resource and Capability Analysis
- Unit 3: Intervention Methods and Leadership for Business Growth
- Unit 4: Developing and reporting an information dashboard
- Unit 5: Financial Planning and re-structuring
- Unit 6: Project Catalyst Operationalisation
- Unit 7: Support for migrant start-up entrepreneurs in Turkey
- Unit 8: Doing business in the other countries of the partnership
The programme will be implemented in Middle East Technical University with the support of Entrepreneurship Research Center (GİMER) and with the experienced trainers from METU and MAKRO Management Development Consulting Company in Ankara. Training Programme will be organized between dates 16-17 and 24-25 November 2018.
Places on the free course are limited and eligibility criteria apply. Your application will be considered by a panel from the European project team and successful applicants will be informed as soon as possible. Please note that by signing up you are committing to attend a minimum of 4 sessions, if you continue on to the full course to develop your business plan, there will be a further 8 sessions. Attendance at a minimum of 2 third of the course is required to receive a ‘Migrapreneurs Certificate’.
Please complete the following application form to apply for your place: https://goo.gl/forms/RCeqCRxbMrZ9UTD73