Project Reference Number:
The project VALOR “Valorization of ancient farming techniques in resilient and sustainable agriculture” is built on the results of the project partners’ previous projects, to the scope of promoting the recovery, conservation and enhancement of the ancient local cultivation conditions. Basing on this awareness, the VALOR Alliance promotes the implementation of a compatible education model resulting in innovative curricula, to support quality and ancient tradition safeguarding production as core activity leading to resilience and sustainability. The VALOR curricula are:
- top-quality expert in resilient agricultural system (as education curriculum for trainers);
- sustainability aware farmer (supporting farmers/new farmers increasing their abilities to preserve, valorize and promote local traditional identities and economies).
The need considered by VALOR is crucial and covers sectoral requirements arising from all European countries, in which natural heritage has a strong economic level, strategically represented by the project countries. The Alliance VALOR is formed by participants and a large number of associated partners from the European countries Italy, Greece, Germany, Romania, Spain, Turkey and Cyprus, such as regional, national and European Parks (as key target employment market), higher education institutions, enterprises and relevant stakeholders including regional and national authorities and umbrella organizations. The Alliance joins efforts/complementary expertise to the scope of contributing to the improvement of skills to confront successfully the specific requirements of resilient and sustainable farming in Europe. VALOR will:
- Develop a competence framework of curricula for resilient and sustainable farming corresponding occupational profiles;
- Create OER courses to be massively delivered in traditional, blended learning and VOOC methods;
- For validation purposes, organize complete pilot courses in Italy, Greece, Romania and Germany.
- Educators from HEIs;
- Students from HEIs;
- Trainers/managers from concerned industries and markets (in the fields of environment and natural heritage protection, biodiversity safeguarding, biotechnologies)
- Old and young new farming entrepreneurs (smallholders, familiar enterprises, SMEs);
- Staff of farming enterprises;
- Professionals working with environment protection, biodiversity safeguarding, farming resilience;
- Decision/policy makers (at local, regional, national and European levels).
Specific objective of the VALOR project is to promotes the implementation of a compatible education model resulting in innovative curricula to support quality and ancient tradition safeguarding farming production, as core activity leading to resilience and sustainability.
The VALOR project will develop a competence framework of curricula corresponding occupational profiles compliant with NQF and ECVET requirements.